Many people are looking for ways to use CBD in their everyday lives — adding it to their diet in the form of food or supplements.
Cannabidiol (CBD) is the non-psychoactive component of cannabis. It has been used for various purposes for hundreds of years.
There are many benefits of using CBD oil for cooking. It can make your food preparations healthier and more delicious.
CBD edibles last longer than other forms, not to mention that they offer a premeasured dose in each serving — taking away a lot of guesswork.
Today, we’ll shed light on some essential tips for cooking CBD oil and provide you with 5 amazing recipes that use cannabidiol.
Where To Get CBD Oil?
CBD oil has been gaining in popularity in recent years due to its many benefits.
It is important to be cautious when dealing with companies that sell CBD. The industry is still unregulated and a lot of vendors sell low-quality products just to make a quick buck. So, do your research before you make a purchase.
Here are some common options for getting high-quality CBD oil.
Make Your Own CBD Oil at Home
Making CBD oil at home is relatively easy. You’ll need high-CBD hemp flowers, a good carrier oil, and various tools to extract the oil from the plant material:
- double boiler
- oven-safe glass bowl
- baking tray
- plastic syringe
- wooden spoon
- parchment paper
- fine mesh strainer
- container for the finished product
How to Make CBD Oil Through Ethanol Extraction
DIY CBD oil through ethanol extraction is one of the easiest ways of making CBD oil at home.
In addition to the tools mentioned below, prepare 500 ml of food-safe, high-proof alcohol like Everclear or vodka.
Alcohol vapor is flammable, so it can cause an explosion. So, follow these steps with extra caution:
- Cover the decarboxylated CBD completely with alcohol in the mixing bowl. Using a wooden spoon, stir the decarbed buds for up to 10 minutes. At this point, some of the compounds, including cannabinoids and terpenes, have already been extracted.
- Pour the liquid into a glass jar. Keep it in a cool, dark place for a minimum of two weeks to several months.
- Remove the plant material from the CBD-infused alcohol using the strainer.
- Set up the double boiler. Put the alcohol solution on low heat. The extract will have a tar-like texture once all the alcohol has evaporated.
- The final product can be drawn into syringes or mixed with a carrier oil to increase volume.
Making CBD oil at home is an economical way to take advantage of the many benefits of CBD. The process requires some time and patience, and you may not have the resources for this right now.
Read on to learn about other easy ways to get CBD oil.
Buy From a Physical Store
Some people prefer buying CBD in-store because they want to know where their product is coming from and see what’s in it. You can talk to people about what they’re selling, test out different products, and get recommendations on which one will work best for you.
However, if you buy CBD from a physical store, you might only find a limited selection or pay a higher price due to overhead costs associated with running a brick-and-mortar business.
Unless you pester the vendor for details, it’s also unlikely that you’ll learn more about the source of their CBD and how it’s made.
Buy Online From a Reputable Vendor
When you buy CBD products online, you get to choose from a large variety of options. You can check the reviews and ratings, and browse through different brands. You can also compare prices before you make the purchase.
Buying CBD online allows you to find the best deals without having to leave the comforts of your home. Easily choose a CBD product from a website and have it delivered straight to your door in no time.
There are many online shops where you can buy CBD oil with no prescription. But if you want to avoid the risk of getting low-quality CBD, buying CBD online on Gold Bee is your best option.
Here at Gold Bee, we use organic hemp from our fellow farmers in California; we then extract CBD using supercritical CO2 extraction, ensuring that our products reflect the original phytochemical profile of our hemp strains.
Full-spectrum CBD means that you’re getting all of the beneficial compounds found in hemp, which leverages the concept of the entourage effect. All of our products are third-party tested in a certified laboratory to ensure consistent potency and purity of the Gold Bee Line.
6 Recipes To Make With CBD Oil
Looking for recipes with CBD? We’ve put together some of the tastiest ideas on how to use CBD oil in your dishes.
1. CBD Pesto Pasta With Spicy Shrimp
You can enjoy pasta and seafood together with this recipe. The meal is filled with healthy unsaturated fats, high-quality proteins, complex carbohydrates, and a pesto packed with CBD.
Ingredients for CBD Raw Pesto:
- ½ cup of fresh parsley
- ½ cup of cherry tomatoes
- 4 teaspoons of Gold Bee full-spectrum CBD oil
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of pine nuts
- 2 medium garlic cloves
- 1 pinch of salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients for Shrimp Pasta:
- 8 ounces of uncooked penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 1 pound of asparagus, chopped into 2-inch pieces
- 1-2 halved cherry tomatoes
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- To make the pesto sauce, wash the leafy vegetables under cold water and place all the ingredients into a food processor. Stir the pesto until it becomes smooth.
- Scoop out the pesto sauce and place it in a small bowl. Refrigerate and cover with plastic wrap.
- Boil the shrimp paste with raw penne in a large pan over medium heat. Make sure to follow the package’s instructions.
- Heat the butter and olive oil in another pan until the butter has melted completely into the oil.
- Sprinkle both sides of the shrimp with crushed paprika flakes, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper, and then add to the pan.
- Slice the lemon and squeeze the juice over the shrimp, and then cook until both sides are pink.
- When the pasta is 3 minutes from being done, add the asparagus, and then pour off the liquid and set aside.
- After your shrimp has fully cooked, add the pasta and asparagus.
- Sauté for a few minutes and remove from heat.
- Add 6 to 8 tablespoons of pesto, and then top the meal with shaved Parmesan cheese, cherry tomatoes, and fresh basil leaves.
2. CBD Citrus Kale Salad
Whether you want to make it for dinner later or for your lunch the next day, it’s so easy to prepare and only takes less than 15 minutes.
Ingredients for the Dressing:
- ¼ cup of extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon of mustard
- 1 teaspoon of maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1 minced or grated garlic clove
- 1 ml of Gold Bee full-spectrum CBD oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Ingredients for the Salad:
- 1 bunch of kale
- 1 seeded and diced jalapeno
- 1 diced avocado
- ½ peeled and sliced large orange
- ½ grapefruit
- ½ of juiced lemon
- ¼ cup of roughly chopped almonds
- ¼ cup of thinly sliced red onions
- Put all dressing ingredients into a glass jar and tighten the lid, and then shake vigorously for 30 to 60 seconds. Season to taste.
- Slice the kale into small strips and add to a salad bowl.
- Let kale sit in lemon juice for 2 minutes, and then massage until tender.
- Toss kale with remaining ingredients and drizzle with CBD-infused salad dressing.
3. CBD-Infused Parmesan Mashed Potatoes
Mashed potatoes are a quintessential dish for many Americans. You might just be surprised at how much better traditional recipes get when you add CBD isolate powder.
This could be the best-mashed potatoes you’ll ever serve to your family and friends this Thanksgiving…or any day of the year.
- 8 cups of pre-made mashed potatoes
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 2 teaspoons of pepper
- ¼ cup of parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup of whipping cream
- 0.16 grams of CBD isolate powder
- Combine butter, whipping cream, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and CBD isolate in a stand mixer bowl.
- Whip all ingredients to a smooth puree.
- Pour the potato puree into a medium casserole dish. (Spray the surface with nonstick spray before using it.)
- Evenly sprinkle parmesan cheese over the mashed potatoes.
- Bake the CBD-infused dish at 400F.
- Let it cool down for a few minutes before serving.
4. CBD-Infused Guacamole
One of the world’s most popular dips, guacamole originated in Mexico. Its main ingredient, avocado, is packed with healthy fats, making it an ideal base for CBD oil.
With this tasty twist on guacamole, you can get your daily dose of CBD.
- 3 medium ripe avocados (peeled, halved, & seeded)
- 2 small tomatoes (diced & seeded)
- 1 large garlic clove (minced)
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- ½ of a finely-diced medium onion
- ½ of finely-chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- ½ teaspoon of ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon of kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon of ground cayenne pepper
- 1 ml of Gold Bee full-spectrum CBD oil
- Mash the avocados in a bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour the Gold Bee full-spectrum CBD oil and stir it well.
- Cover the guacamole with plastic wrap to keep it fresh.
- Let it sit at room temperature for two hours before serving.
5. CBD Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
This recipe uses grain-free flour, so all ingredients are gluten-free. We use CBD-infused coconut oil instead of straight CBD oil for this dessert.
The almond butter serves as a great flavor carrier for these cookies. Adding dark chocolate enhances the Paleo-friendly quality of the recipe.
- ½ cup of almond butter
- ½ cup of coconut sugar
- ¾ cup of dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup of almond flour
- 1 tablespoon of coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla bean paste
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 1 egg
- 90ml of melted CBD coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line an 8-by-8 baking sheet with non-stick parchment paper.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Fold in the chocolate chips gently with a spatula.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove your cookie bars from the oven and let them cool to room temperature.
- Slice each piece as you like.
6. CBD-Infused Chocolate Latte
When you start yawning in the afternoon, it’s tempting to make another cup of coffee. But you know you already had too much. Caffeine can make you jittery, and you’ll end up having more difficulty staying focused. You might want to trade that coffee for this CBD-infused chocolate latte.
- 1 cup unsweetened milk
- 1 tablespoon of ground cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1 full dropper of Gold Bee full-spectrum CBD oil
- Except for the CBD oil, place all the ingredients mentioned above in a small pot.
- Simmer on medium heat.
- Whisk continuously to prevent clumping.
- Remove the pot from the heat, and then add the CBD oil.
Tips for Cooking With CBD Oil
Cooking with CBD oil is a great way to take advantage of its benefits while also enjoying your favorite dishes and desserts.
Here are some quick tips for using CBD oil to help you to get great results in the kitchen.
Don’t Put CBD Oil Over Direct Heat
Heat can alter the composition of CBD oil, causing it to degrade. Degradation, of course, takes away CBD’s potency.
For example, if you are preparing sauteed vegetables with CBD, sprinkle it over them after removing them from the pan rather than cooking the vegetables with it. You can also use CBD oil to make salad dressing, soup, and pasta sauce.
Combine CBD Oil With Other Cooking Oils
Since CBD is fat-soluble, the benefits of CBD oil can be enhanced when you consume it with foods that contain fats. Some of these include avocados and coconut oil, which are both great for a healthy diet.
Mix CBD and Alcohol With Caution
Alcohol can affect your body’s ability to metabolize CBD oil properly. This decreases the efficacy of CBD oil. In addition, high doses of alcohol can counteract any beneficial effects that come from taking CBD. So CBD and alcohol cannot be paired together. However, studies have shown the use of CBD oil to deal with alcohol-related problems, such as hangovers and withdrawal symptoms.
How Much CBD Oil To Use?
The amount of CBD oil that one should put in food varies depending on the dish you are cooking and the intensity of its flavors.
For those who don’t know how much CBD oil to use, start with a little. You can always add more, but it’s hard to take it out. Take a low dose of 5-10 milligrams in your first serving & then adjust accordingly if needed. Dosage
If you are using it in a dish that has strong flavors such as garlic or onions, then use less than if you were using it in a dish like chicken soup.
How To Store CBD Oil?
CBD oil will last longer if kept in proper conditions, but not everyone knows how to store it.
As mentioned earlier, your CBD oil degrades and won’t be as effective when it’s exposed to heat. The same is true when it’s exposed to light. This is the main reason your CBD oil came in an amber or blue bottle. Store it in a dark, cool, and dry spot to preserve its quality and effectiveness.
Exposure to the air can also change its composition, so make sure your CBD is sealed in an airtight container.
Final Thoughts: Cooking and Enjoying Your Meals With CBD
CBD can be used to enjoy a relaxing, delicious meal or snack with friends and family. Whether you’re looking to make dinner, dessert, or something in between, there’s a recipe out there for you!
We’d love to hear about your experiences with these recipes or any other recipes you try with Gold Bee’s premium CBD oil. Send us a message along with an Instagram-worthy photo of your food!